Venue & Hospitality
Conference Dates: November 14-15, 2019
Hotel Services & Amenities
- Audio/Visual Equipment Rental.
- Business Center.
- Business Phone Service.
- Complimentary Printing Service.
- Express Mail.
- Meeting Rooms.
- Office Rental.
- Photo Copying Service.
- Secretarial Service.
- Video Conference.
- Video Messaging.
- Video Phone.
- Baggage Storage.
Cannes is a city located on the French. It is a commune located in the Alpes-Maritimes department, and host city of the annual Cannes Film Festival, Midem, and Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. The city is known for its association with the rich and famous, its luxury hotels and restaurants, and for several conferences. It is a kind of resort town on the French Riviera. Its Boulevard de la Croisette, curving along the coast, is lined with sandy beaches, upmarket boutiques and palatial hotels. It’s also home to the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, a modern building complete with red carpet and Allée des Étoiles – Cannes’ walk of fame. Cannes of the 19th century can still be seen in its grand villas, built to reflect the wealth and standing of their owners and inspired by anything from medieval castles to Roman villas. They are not open to the public. Lord Brougham's Italianate Villa Eléonore Louise (one of the first in Cannes) was built between 1835 and 1839. Also known as the Quartier des Anglais, this is the oldest residential area in Cannes. Another landmark is the Villa Fiésole (known today as the Villa Domergue) designed by Jean-Gabriel Domergue in the style of Fiesole, near Florence, which may be visited on appointment.
Cannes has a Mediterranean climate and the city enjoys 11 hours of sunshine per day during summer (July), while in winter (December to February) the weather is mild. Both seasons see a relatively low rainfall and most rain occurs during October and November, when 110 mm (4.3 in) falls.
Cannes summers are long and warm, with summer daytime temperatures regularly hitting 30 °C (86 °F), while average temperatures are about 25 °C (77 °F). Temperatures remain high from June to September, the busiest time of the year.
Mean temperatures drop below 10 °C (50 °F) for only three months of the year (December to February). The spring and autumn are also warm, although more suited to those who prefer slightly cooler weather.
The Cannes Film Festival founded in 1946 is held annually, usually in May, at the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès.
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity is a global event and awards show for those working in advertising and related fields, held annually in June.
- Midem, the foremost trade show for the music industry.
- MIPIM, the world's largest property-related trade show.
- Carnival on the Riviera is an annual parade through the streets to mark the 21-day period prior to Shrove Tuesday.
- The International Festival of Games is festival of bridge, belote, backgammon, chess, draughts, tarot and more (February).
- Cannes Yachting Festival is an event for boating enthusiasts in the Vieux Port (September).
- The International Actors' Performance Festival: comedy sketches and performances by fringe artists
- The International Luxury Travel Market brings together under one roof the top international luxury travel providers and suppliers from all around the world.
- Le Festival d'Art Pyrotechnique is a magnificent annual fireworks competition held in the summer at the Bay of Cannes.
- The Global Champions Tour showjumping league has an annual event in the ports of Cannes.
- Mipcom and MIPTV, held in October and April respectively, the world's most important trade markets for the television industry.
- The Pan-African Film Festival, held in early April and featuring films from the African diaspora.